It’s the first day for a new collector, you have trained them on the laws but they come to you for advice. What would you tell them?
1. LISTEN to the customer, listen more, talk less. You will learn much more this way and be better able to help the customer as well as making a good first impression. Customer’s LOVE to have someone listen to them rather than tell them what they should do.
2. RESEARCH the company you have been hired for. Learn as much as possible about the product or service, if you don’t have any knowledge about the product or service, familiarize yourself with the other people who work at the company and what they do. This way after you listen to the customer and are able to determine the best way to help
them, you can let them know you are new but are able to direct them to the person most able to answer any questions or help them. This is always appreciated.
3. Ask precise questions, be confident, clear and to the point. You can never be to clear.
4. Smile and don’t be overbearing. Remember everything you dislike about pushy sales people and don’t do any of those things. Keep smiling.
5. Closing the call and follow up.